PDA

View Full Version : e30 ITS Vs. e30 ITA

Mark
05-15-2002, 11:21 PM
I was just wondering how competitive the ITS and the ITA e30 cars are. I bought a '86 325es for the ITA class thinking it looked like a great contender for the top runners, but now I am wondering. The problem is that I haven't seen too many of the e30's in the ITA class. I thought this would be good, but I have been reading otherwise. What are the rules regarding engine swaps? (Or should I laugh at that?) I do not see why I could not swap to an i motor and go to the ITS class. Would I have to buy a i car just for the door sticker and swap everything over? Is the e30 ITS car a front runner?

Mark

GKR_17
05-16-2002, 12:40 PM
A lot of this depends on what you mean by a front runner. If you are talking about the ARRC, realistically, you don't stand a chance in either class in an E30. The fastest ITA (240SX and CRX) cars are not far off the fastest E30's in ITS. I would argue that a legally prepared eta would have difficulty winning the ITB race at the ARRC. That said, the ARRC isn't like any other IT race in the country. With a more typical weekend it is realistic that either car could be a top 5 contender.

Grafton