PDA

View Full Version : e36 minimum weight

RR
10-19-2001, 12:18 PM
is the minimum weight for the e36 (ITS)increasing in 2002, does anyone know??

Rob_Gill
10-23-2001, 12:54 PM
I assume you got this from the ARRC ITS thread? Why dont you read that post again, the guy was joking...

Why would they change the 325IS weight? They upped it 100lbs at the start of the year and then reversed it. That would indicate to me that its a dead issue as far as SCCA is concerned.

And as for all the talk about cheating, the 325 comes STOCK with 190hp, big brakes and good handling... That is 30hp more than a stock RX7. Its just a matter of time befor they dominate ITS (which would be the reason I plan on buying one...)

James Clay
10-23-2001, 01:05 PM
No way the weight is changing. I agree that the torque and power is there, but Mazdas have less weight to slow down and four piston calipers - they outbrake us at least. Also, we got pulled by the Z cars down the Road Atlanta back straight by about 10 car lengths (our old engine), but they don't seem to handle as well. The 325 should be a car of the future, I would watch for the Prelude as well.

------------------

NoRaceCarYet
10-23-2001, 07:59 PM
After having kept up with e36 M3's in students e36 325's at multiple BMW driver schools over the years, I'd say every single 325 I have ever driven, drives the same and pulls the same as each other - the quality and "same-ness" is superb.

The car only loses to the e36 M3 (in stock form) in transisional situations and acceleration, otherwise with a suspension kit there's absolutely nothing in it (apart from power).

As my friend would say: "It's like move over e30 M3 an e36 is coming through! Whoomph!"

I used to own and Solo 1 a 2nd Gen. Rx7, ironically I now drive a 93 325 (auto) everyday.

K