PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Control

ddewhurst
05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
This is/was posted under Rules with so so responses. I have a 1st gen RX-7 ITA/7 car. The car has a Heim joint 3rd link with the air/foam bushings in the OEM upper links. I would like to have lower links with Heim bearings. Eliminate the bind within the rubber bushings during body roll. I am not crazy about paying a parts house $280.00 for two reworked Heim bearing OEM lower links when I can do the same thing with tube sleeves & rod ends for under $100.00. Therefor please read the rule & glossary & tell me if I would be legal with the tube sleeves & rod ends.

The rule 17.1.4,D.5.c. Suspension Control
Any Anti-roll bar(s), traction bar(s), panhard rod or watts linkage may be added or substituted, provided its/their installation serves no other purpose.

The GCR Glossary:

Traction Bar- A link to an axle housing or hub carrier which resists torque reaction from the wheel by acting in compression or tension.

Within a four link rear suspension if the links didn't resist a torque reaction the rear axle would not function. Second the word SUBTITUTED is used.

Thank You http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif
David

Marcus Miller
05-05-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm hardly a rule nazi, but I see that as legal....

Marcus