PDA

View Full Version : CoilOver Install

EagleScout
03-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Looking at getting a set of Ground Control coilover setup. There race setup replace the lower spring perch with a lower profile model.

In ITS is it legal to re-locate/change the lower spring perch?

Thanks,
Ray

ddewhurst
03-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Ray, do you own a SCCA GCR ? SCCA = Sports Car Club of America GCR = General Competition Rules The GCR is a book of rules for SCCA race cars including the ITS race car. You do not need to be an SCCA member to buy a GCR.

Ya need to understand the rules before ya start buying stuff. There are lots of rules.

Have Fun http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif
David

EagleScout
03-11-2005, 08:09 PM
I have a GCR, But I have not been able to specifially find the section that list that it can be modified.

It is my understanding that if the GCR doesn't address the issue, it can't be modified.

I just wanted to verify that I didn't miss some thing. The GCR is a little big.

Ray

lateapex911
03-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Before you jump, also look at the offerings from ISC in florida, among others.

The rule used to require that the perch be fixed, so the work around that was to weld the perch on the strut, then slide a threaded sleeve over the strut tube, and mount the threaded collar on that...which will give you the adjustability. I remember some discussion about the fact that coilovers are cheap so the rule is dumb....but as far as I know, it still stands. of course i did mine awhile ago, so I might have missed it.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

ddewhurst
03-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Ray, I don't know if you have a 1984/1985 or a 1986/1991 RX-7 ITS car but the rule you are looking for is on GCR page ITCS-10 items 2 & 3. After reading, ask questions. If I don't have an answer Jake will.

Have Fun http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif
David

EagleScout
03-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Thank you for the information location.

Ray