PDA

View Full Version : fuel test port?

Doug Ford
03-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey guys I need to get a fuel test port and I can not find the guy that sells them. I bought one before and it was easy to install just can't find any info on him. I think his name is Paul Morrison but search can up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated for other alternatives. Also where have you been putting them. I have seen in the engine bay (looks dangerous) and heard back by the fuel pump. Any ideas would help.

Mike Spencer
03-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Doug Ford:
...Also where have you been putting them. I have seen in the engine bay (looks dangerous) and heard back by the fuel pump. Any ideas would help.

Well, my car came that way but there is a "T" connector in the steel braided hose mounted near the firewall (driver's side). The "extra" line has a cap over it. The cap has to be removed before the fuel sampling hose can be attached. That's the part I don't like. Attaching the hose is usually not a problem. However, once the hose is attached (it points up) the fuel never comletely drains out of it. Therefore, when you remove the hose, *some* fuel always leaks out.

I don't know if I'm using the right term, but I have seen what I call a "dry-break" fitting instead of a "screw-on cap". It's kind of like attaching an air-tool to an air hose. That seems like a better solution.

QUESTION: If you can practically eliminate the possibility of spilling fuel, is having the sampling port in the engine bay still dangerous?

What do you mean by "back by the fuel pump"? Near the place you fuel the car? I certainly wouldn't want to have to crawl underneath to get a fuel sample.

------------------
Mike Spencer
NC Region
ITA/7 RX-7 #60
1990 RX-7 Convertible (street car)

tdw6974
03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Doug Ford:
Hey guys I need to get a fuel test port and I can not find the guy that sells them. I bought one before and it was easy to install just can't find any info on him. I think his name is Paul Morrison but search can up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated for other alternatives. Also where have you been putting them. I have seen in the engine bay (looks dangerous) and heard back by the fuel pump. Any ideas would help.

This is the Info you are looking for. http://fuelports.com/ Good product Money well spent

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi Haulin' Rotary" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award