PDA

View Full Version : getting the car ready for limerock

rsx858
03-02-2005, 02:39 PM
exciting weekend- finally picked up my car (89 GTU ITS) getting ready to test it out in a couple weeks in a HPDE at limerock. Now that im getting the car ready i was wondering if you guys could share some knowledge on basic alignment settings for this track. Thanks a lot

Nick Leverone
03-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Run 4.0-4.5 degrees negative on the LF and stand up the RF about 1.5 deg. negative, in the rear about 1.5 degrees negative is the best if you have adjustability on the the rear individually for camber I would try to run less than 1.5 in the RR

I run very stiff springs for an Rx-7 at Limerock, you have to watch out for the front tire contacting the unit body above the LF tire, put some white duct tape up there and look for scuffing after each session, if you are contacting raise ride height or spring rate remember to do it in the rear also unless the car has other evil qualities you are trying to get rid of.

Remember LRP is very unforgiving, creep up on the speeds you are carrying through the uphill, West bend and the downhill an off in either of those places will hurt the wallet and body.

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
www.flatout-motorsports.com

rsx858
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
thanks a lot. any suggestions on toe? and also if i dont intend to align on a track to track basis, what is a good neutral alignment for any track?

[This message has been edited by rsx858 (edited March 03, 2005).]