PDA

View Full Version : Petit Racing?

benracin
01-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Back when I bought my car I was told the carb was prepped by 'Petit Racing'. I even have a build sheet from them. Does anyone have any experience with them or know what happened to them? I'm looking for more information like what was done to the carb or what the care and feeding is (other than air and fuel). Is there anything on the web?

Thanks.

MaxEnergy
01-12-2005, 10:05 PM
I've always have had great luck with Pettit but mainly go fast parts for my 3rd gen. They definitely know rotaries but I'm not sure what they know about ITS prep. Here's their website. http://www.pettitracing.com

bldn10
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't know as much as the S. Fla. boys and I know they will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Cameron Worth and Sylvain Tremblay were once partners at Pettit (don't know where the name came from). At some point (early 90's?) they split up and Cameron kept Pettit and Syl started a little RX-7 shop by the name SpeedSource. I think Cameron has moved away from ITS prep (further than Syl) but I have no doubt that he can build good IT engines, etc.

------------------
Bill Denton
87/89 ITS RX-7
02 Audi TT225QC
95 Tahoe
Memphis

[This message has been edited by bldn10 (edited January 13, 2005).]

Mazmarc
01-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Bill is correct in every detail. Just call Pettit and ask for Cameron. If he can't help you, he can probably send you to someone who can.

------------------
Marc Dana
#63 ITS Mazda Rx-7
#77 STS BMW 325I