PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen RX7 Suspension to Purchase?

RaerJason
04-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes, first post... I'm a newb. I have a base 88 that I have upgraded to five-bolt with lots of the usual goodies, TII front sway, eliminated rear sway, rear-steer eliminator bushings, mazdatrix adj. sway bar end links, brembo gas slotted rotors, KVR pads, blah blah blah...

I need to purchase some suspension! Now I can't affor JIC's or Tein's currently so lets be realistic. Which manufacturers and their models would you recommend (No rules to follow) for dampers to fit with threaded collars etc. I guess Koni, KYB, Tokico, are just some of my options. What are you guys using and where can I find them at a reasonable price? This is the only thing holding me back from our first race at Mosport! Oh yeah, I'm not an idiot, just that in Canada we don't have nearly the parts resources you folks do. Thanks in advance!

------------------
Champcar - Tenth Year Tech.
Speed World Challenge - Fifth year Official

1988 RX7 Racecar
1999 Contour SVT
1989 Cougar (beater)

lateapex911
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
What spring rates will you run?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Scooter
04-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by RacerJason:
I need to purchase some suspension! Now I can't affor JIC's or Tein's currently so lets be realistic. Which manufacturers and their models would you recommend (No rules to follow) for dampers to fit with threaded collars etc. I guess Koni, KYB, Tokico, are just some of my options.

I think I would just call Ground Control. Their IT style coilover set allows you to use Tokicos or single-adjustable Konis that are reasonably priced. Also they make some nice camber plates. It still ends up costing a lot though. Springs, coilovers, camber plates and shocks, plus the alignment and corner balance.

The extra cheap way to go would be to simply buy some Eibach pro-kit style lowering springs and some Tokicos. Then there's no corner balancing to worry about, and camber plates aren't really necessary.

The thing to think about is whether or not you want to buy this stuff twice. If you're ok with that, then go full-cheap and buy the really nice stuff later.

http://www.ground-control.com/

moto62
04-23-2004, 12:38 AM
ISC racing in Florida, 1-863-324-2742. Talk to Mike Vansteenberg(sp?). You'll only buy stuff once.
Ray

C. Ludwig
04-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Only buying stuff once is GREAT advice! If you're going to be racing a while, go ahead and spend the big money now. Get something that's not neccesarily the end all be all but that will be competitive.

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

its28
05-26-2004, 08:09 PM
I've got a set of konis ready to go shocks
coil overs the works. Could help you with set up as part of package.

Brian ITS #28

its28
05-26-2004, 08:10 PM
I've got a set of konis ready to go shocks
coil overs the works. Could help you with set up as part of package.

Brian ITS #28

Doug Ford
06-04-2004, 05:34 PM
I have a set of single adjustable konis and springs that I will sell if interested. E-mail me at [email protected]

------------------
SpeedSource rx-7 ITS #12
Rotary Performance ITS rx-7 (for sale)
1995 BMW 325is White
2001 supercrew white (tow vehicle)
Regional Executive Midsouth Region #66