PDA

View Full Version : Panhard

Boswoj
02-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Been looking at all kinds of different Panhard set-ups and even SDJ's adjustable Watt's link. Who's got the hot set-up? Anybody had better reliability/durability/value/performance with one in particular? Will probably go with a G-Force Tri-link setup, and like the look of their beefy parallel GT Panhard but it's about twice the cost of Ground Control's. Anybody got any of that hard earned experience that they would like to share?

Thanks - Boswoj

lateapex911
02-24-2004, 12:52 AM
I do indeed!

Long story short...a few years ago....

I got the Ground Control panhard, and when attaching it thought it looked pretty sketchy. But, looking at the clock, I told myself I wasn't a chassis engineer, and I had bought it from them to eliminate the whole prototype/ engineer effort. So........ I put it in. It ripped out not far down the road. (In their defense, when I called they said they thought it might be weak, and they had a kit to help. I think their current one is better)

Lesson learned. None of these firms are GM, they don't do millions of miles testing, and they have issues from time to time. (So does GM!) Fine. I listen to my intuition now.

Jim Susko (G Force) IS a chassis engineer, and he has a pretty good handle on the 7. I think even he has done some rethinks on his parts over the years, beefing them up for the abuse we inflict.

Guess what's under my car......

Tell him Jake sent ya.....

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Jim Susko
03-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Jake. Your check's in the mail.

In all immodesty, my GT Panhard is the best. That's why it costs what it does. What can I say?

Jim

miketrier
03-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm still living with the GC panhard. I don't like the way it swings and rattles around. I've had to repair and reweld a time or two. I'd never choose it again. I get around to it I'll switch to G-Force or ISC's product.