PDA

View Full Version : If the 1st gen RX-7 12A were classed in H Production

ddewhurst
02-25-2004, 04:47 PM
If the 1st gen RX-7 12A (non ported)was classed in H Production how many 1st gen RX-7 drivers would give it a try. Please respond with a "YES" or a "NO" with commments following.

Lets presume the car would be Restricted Suspension (Limited Preparation), 2100 pounds with the safety stuff & OEM trans & OEM trans gears.

I am asking this question because there is room for the H/G Production class to grow if a car with a prayer is classed. At this time there are cars classed in H at over 2,000 pounds. There are plenty of 1st gen RX-7 race cars & they are economical.

Have Fun http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

David Dewhurst
CenDiv 250772
Spec-7 # 14

Mike Cox
02-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Dave, I'm in

a big YES to this one

Mike Cox
IT-7 # 37
CFR

sjokatt
02-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes for me.

Eric
ITA#24

sjokatt
02-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes for me.

Eric
ITA#24

lateapex911
02-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Maybe.

OK, Yes...no, NO.

Depends on whether the local racing is the usual lame show of 4 guys ....sorry, but the competition in IT is solid, and we are blessed with class counts in the 20s. I'd rather race against 20 guys and try to run in the front, than race against 4 guys, and have it be 2 or 3 by the end of the (overly long) race.

IF it were successful, it could be interesting. Not desirous of having to get into the slick world, though.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

02-26-2004, 01:22 AM
yes, but, you Guys are going to get spanked by a full prep H. And Jake, my Hoosiers cost me $725 a pop, same as slicks, last the same. oh and heres the latest of "the tank".

http://www.calclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=352

[This message has been edited by 7'sRracing (edited February 26, 2004).]

eprodrx7
02-26-2004, 09:03 AM
David,
The LP first gen rx7 is classed already in EP. Where BTW it does very well and is very popular. A well driven and well prepared ITA car is just about as fast as a National HP car at LimeRock. What do you think would happen at a track like WGI of Road America? Well I'll tell you, it would walk away. I understand that at Mid Ohio and other tracks they are very close in lap times, but it is not accomplished in the same way. Cars that go fast in a straight line and are comparatively slow in the corners make for crappy racing. It's kind of like when you ITB guys have the SSB cars in your race group. Now think about if you had to actually race with them. Sorry to bust the bubble but if you want to race your ITA car at the national level either make it an EP car or better yet get IT accepted as a national class. Frankly that’s what I would rather see.

John Weisberg
BERG Racing
Stratford CT.

[This message has been edited by eprodrx7 (edited February 26, 2004).]