PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs for IT-7

sevenracer
01-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Which plugs are people using in this class? I'm assuming that the OEM spec plugs are too hot for racing.

Also, I have heard about removing a stock washer or spacer to move the electrode further in the combustion chamber. Does anyone have info on this?

Thanks

CaptainWho
01-21-2004, 02:16 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Which plugs are people using in this class?</font>

Our car came with NGK B9EGVs and I'm staying with them. No complaints, but nothing to compare against, either.

sevenracer
01-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks. Do you have any knowledge of removing the washer or spacer?

ddewhurst
01-21-2004, 03:04 PM
sevenracer, before you remove any washers & stick the plugs in make sure you DO NOT have the electrode sticking into the combustion chamber. The apex seal will hit the electrode, break the apex seal & destroy motor parts.

Have Fun http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

miketrier
01-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I've tried 3 or 4 different plugs with no noticeable difference other than price. Autolite AR3932, NGK B9EV, NGK B10EVX and another Autolite racing plug that I can't find a number for in my papers (car is in winter storage). Just make sure you don't foul plugs, especially watch trailing plugs. It makes a noticeable difference in performance. Car seems to run OK but will be flat, sluggish.