PDA

View Full Version : EP RX7 question

wlfpkrcn
10-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Is a 4 port 13b legal in EP. We are considering building a first gen as an EP car. My street car has the street ported 13b. We have a set of rules on the way, but I'm sure some of you have looked into EP and may have the answer. If this doesn't work out we have a second gen chassis waiting to be an ITS car. Any info is appreciated.

Eric

[This message has been edited by wlfpkrcn (edited October 31, 2003).]

dieselsdad
10-31-2003, 06:37 PM
4 port 13B is not to my knowledge legal in either car for EP. The 6 port motor is.

wlfpkrcn
11-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Thank's

I got the rule book last night. You can only use a 6 port 13b. Does anyone know of a good forum or website for E-prod? I would like to find some more info and ask some more questions. Specifically on intake systems and rough horsepower #'s. Thanks again

Eric

racer14itc
11-04-2003, 03:20 PM
The popular prod website is www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar (http://www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar)

I'm sure you could find lots of help for getting your car on track in EP. Just ignore the hysterical, political flame wars that tend to dominate sometimes...

Mark Coffin
#14 GP VW Scirocco

dieselsdad
11-06-2003, 10:15 PM
I have a hard time ignoring all the crap on that website to find anything useful but like a bad car wreck I keep looking. I'm building an E-prod car as well so I'll be happy to share what little knowledge I have.

------------------
mikey

wlfpkrcn
11-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys,

Someone had already started the topic I was interested in, in the technical section. I also registered at the moderated site. Not as much traffic,but really friendly. It sounds like 13b with a carb is the way to go.

Eric

wlfpkrcn
11-06-2003, 11:08 PM
I forgot to ask What is a "dual y-type" intake manifold? Is that only a down draft manifold or does a stubby side draft work? I also have a RB U-shaped intake manifold with the dellorto carb. If I could use that carb and not spend big bucks on an IDA that would be a bonus at this point. I dont mind buying a stubby manifold.

Eric