PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Ship

2 fast 4 u
10-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Hello all. This is my first post. I am a top running SM driver and am looking into getting out of SM. Reason is there is way to much demilision derby stuff going on.
Looking into going ITA, any comments, sugestions and places to go for info would be thankfull.

Paul

theenico
10-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Paul,
If by going to ITA you mean 1st gen RX-7 then give us a call at the shop. Ask for Charlie Clark, he knows a lot about these and would be more than happy to discuss it with you.

------------------
Nico
KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
[email protected]

oanglade
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I ran SM for a couple of years and am now running an ITA Miata with a partner.

Comments: If you want to have a chance to win in ITA in a Miata, you better start with a car built to the limit of the rules.

------------------
Ony

2 fast 4 u
10-22-2003, 11:34 AM
I dont mind going to the edge, I just want to make sure that a do it right the first time. One thing about the SM comunnity they are willing to share info. Is the ITA comunnity the same way? I want to build it right the first time. Any one out there I could talk to?? Thank you all in advance.

Paul

oanglade
10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
It is my experience that people will share too. It depends on your region and obviously getting to know the people.

I don't know anyone with a properly built ITA Miata. If you find the person and they want to share, let me know!

Our car is pretty much a low buck effort. It is less than a Spec Miata right now. I've learned a lot about Miatas in SSB and in SM and it helps in developing the car for ITA, but if there is no money for parts, then there's so much that can be done.

If you have specific questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] and maybe I can help.

Mike Cox
10-22-2003, 01:03 PM
For a lot of good informaton on an ITA Miata you need to talk to Mike VanSteenburg. Here's the link to his businees.

http://www.iscracing.net/