PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Proxes

Hammer
08-18-2003, 01:22 PM
How many race weekends do you guys get on Toyo's on an IT7. How does there longevity compare to Hoosiers and Kumho's

bcarter
08-21-2003, 01:51 PM
We run mostly on a 2 mile, 11 turn track. I get probably 2 1/2 weekends out of the tires, 205/60/13's as long as I switch them on the rims, so that the wear is even. We just don't get enough neg. camber to have them wear evenly. Once the tread is going, the direction doesn't matter any more..

------------------
G. Brooke Carter
Wheat Buckley Racing
# 10 Challenge Car
2002 Class Champion
Calgary, Alberta
http://www.guyons.com/pictures/photos_cars/06_30_rx7_brook2_150.jpg

[This message has been edited by bcarter (edited August 21, 2003).]

Jim Innella
08-21-2003, 09:21 PM
I run Hoosiers on my IT7. 13/60/205's . Run best on second through fourth but work good up through 7 heat cycles. On the 8th heat cycle you a on a skating rink.Probably a little expensive, but I think they have been a significant factor in getting me near the front in my rookie season.
Jim
IT7 #60

Allen Brown
08-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Based on time from what Brooke was commenting to. Our typical weekend in Calgary has about 3.5 hrs, when running the 2 hour enduro on Saturday evening.

They are as durable as they get. I ran some Kumho Ecstas on the weekend, and I found them to wear about 40% to 50% quicker than the Toyos, but my lap times were at least 1.5 seconds quicker.

bcarter
08-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Allen, where did the rest of your new-found speed come from?

It was a little cooler this weekend, but still, the new tires I put on this weekend will only last one more weekend.

Allen Brown
08-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Speed?.....What Speed???

I may have gained 4 or 5 hp from the exhaust changes. I still need to find time to do some dyno runs for fine tuning with the new exhaust. I'm guessing there may be another 3 to 5 hp waiting for me to discover.

The Kumhos stuck real well. On Saturday I ran a 1:30.9 w/ the bus stop, before my personal best was a 1:30.99 w/o the bus Stop. I've heard some folks say the bus stop adds 2 to 3 seconds. I believe it is more like 1.5 seconds.

And I always seem to a bit quicker when I'm chasing someone, and I spent the first half of the GT race catching up to Ken S....before being held up by the Sports racer for the last half of the race.

Give me a call, maybe we can get together for lunch some day.