PDA

View Full Version : Headers

08-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Can someone please post a link to racebeat, it seems to have disapeared from the internet and I need some gaskets.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA RX7 #11
NORPAC
ITA RX7 #77
SOPAC

pgipson
08-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Do you mean racing beat?

www.racingbeat.com/ (http://www.racingbeat.com/)

Festus E. Simkins
08-08-2003, 09:11 AM
I just found a crack in my 12A Racing Beat header. This is the second header in 7 years. I even had this one "Jet Hot" coated. The first header burned through so I just bought another one. The are kind of inexpensive. I don't know if I can get it welded or not. The crack is about 4 inches long. Cant't figure why it cracked.

Has anyone used one of Paul Yaw's stainless steel 12A headers. I was thinking of moving up to a stainless header for duribility. Does anyone else make a good stainless steel header for a 12A?

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks for any help or suggestions you may be able to give.

Drive Well.

ITSRX7
08-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Take a look at your mounting set up. With all the custom exhausts out there for 12A's and 13B's, I have seen a lot that were not supported well and the header had a little stress on it. ONE jounce on the exhaust at temp and you have issues.

You should be able to hang on your system WITHOUT it being attached to the header.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

titanium
08-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Festus E. Simkins:
I just found a crack in my 12A Racing Beat header..... Does anyone else make a good stainless steel header for a 12A?

Drive Well.

Check with Mike at ISC in Winter Haven FL. His phone is 863-324-4539. I have run his stainless steel header for 4 seasons.
Rodney Williamson
#93 IT7
www.titaniummotorsports.com (http://www.titaniummotorsports.com)

lateapex911
08-11-2003, 09:34 PM
That makes two of us....nice header. Doesn't look as good as it did day one, but seems to be physically sound. I think Mazdaspeed sells the same part, (made by ISC), but I might be wrong there.

I wasn't aware that Yaw had actually gone forward with hyis unit. Is it really avail? Is it better than the RB design?? (Many say it's hard NOT to beat the RB unit from a Hp angle)

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Dave Burchfield
08-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Take a look at SDJ Motorsports. Stan has been developing performance products and building rotaries for many years. His stainless header is a piece of art. The prettiest welds I have ever seen, and the difference between it and the racing beat is quite noticable by the seat dyno.

He is also a great resource when it comes to information.

Hotshoe
08-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Check with Mike at ISC in Winter Haven FL. His phone is 863-324-4539. I have run his stainless steel header for 4 seasons.
Rodney Williamson
#93 IT7

I have 6 seasons on mine and that also includes running header wrap. Mike makes some pretty good stuff.

Rick Thompson
#99 IT7