PDA

View Full Version : Header & Exhaust - 2nd gen RX-7 ITS ??

Bern
06-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Guys,
What system are you 2nd gen guys using?

We are debating between a specialized IT header and single path exhaust or a RB dual header with duals all the way out to a single muffler.

Just looking for general experiences and advice.

-Bern

Silkworm
06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
RB Street header (2 into one) and a 2.5" single exit pipe to a Magnaflow muffler.

Power hasn't been an issue yet, but still not dynoed to see if I could do better.

PaulC

paulydee
06-16-2003, 10:25 PM
I just installed the ISC Setup. I used a Racing Beat Dual header. ISC supplies a 2into1 collector/expansion chamber. Then a 3" pipe from the front section and a Dynomax 3" straight through muffler. It is supposed to make 6-10 more HP that the next leading brand. I have a pre dyno chart, so I will be able to make a post dyno comparison.

The whole setup (w/headers) was just about $650 with shipping and clamps/hangers.

------------------
Paul D'Angelo
73 ITS CENDIV
Indy Region
www.iridiumracing.com

Mazmarc
06-17-2003, 07:27 AM
Add a stainless header(the RB WILL crack) and your done. Mine blows 94-96 db and makes the most power it ever has. You will be happy with it.

http://www.iscracing.net/exhaust.htm

------------------
Marc Dana
#63 ITS Mazda Rx-7
#77 STS BMW 325I

frazer
06-17-2003, 10:46 AM
I'm running a RB race header to (2) 2 1/4" tubes going into a 3" collector and exiting out a Dynomax muffler w/ adjustable 90* tip. Sorry, no dyno numbers

ITSRX7
06-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Went FROM a RB header and custom single 3" into an Ultra Flow (the muffler ISC uses as well) to the complete ISC system and saw a 5 hp gain - dyno proven.

The system is a little rough, may need a couple of SMALL tweaks but I highly recommend it.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Karl Bocchieri
06-17-2003, 05:29 PM
If you do have a RB header, or any other for that matter, and want it to last, get it Jet-hot coated. They have a special black high temp coating used for the areospace industry that can take the heat from a rotary. My header is 6 years old and looks like the day I put it on, no rust or cracks, it's perfect. They will even do your whole exhaust if you want, inside and out. They charge by the foot.