PDA

View Full Version : RX-7 set up for Lime Rock

John MacKechnie
05-02-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm taking my ITA RX-7 up to Lime Rock for the May 8 school and Saturday Regional and would like some set up tips. I'm running a 3.90. Believe it or not, I still have some new BRG R1s. I have the usual big bar in front and no bar in the rear.
I have tokico 5 ways which I typically run at 3 in front and 2 in the rear.

Also any Lime Rock driving tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Blaney
05-02-2003, 01:47 PM
As far as driving Lime Rock, there are no throwaway corners on the track, smoothness is more important than power, the downhill is only scary when you are going too fast, and brake only when you have to and only as last as you can stand.

Tom Blaney
SBMS Racing

lateapex911
05-03-2003, 11:19 PM
I'm surprised that you haven't gotten more response here. It's hard to give you an exact set up without knowing more about your car, as there are lots of parts options that you could have that would affect it, but even if I did, I'd still be reluctant as I'm not exactly the fastest RX-7 around!

That said, I will say that the faster guys seem to run asymetrical settings at LRP. While I can't give you the numbers, I know that inludes setups with staggered corner weights, dissimilar springs in all the corners, as well as different shock and alignment settings. Most RX-7 guys pay particular attention to the LF, and the LR.

Whatever your setup, you should try to get it drivable and friendly to start, then edgey and fast as you progress. (I'm assuming you're either a new or returning driver as you mentioned attending the school. Apologies if I'm talking down to an experienced shoe!) RX-7s are noted for their penchant for tail happiness under trailing throttle, and if they are bottoming in the rear, jumping back on the throttle doesn't always save it. Your mileage may vary!

What color(s) does your car wear? Number? I'll be up Saturday, and I'll look for you. Shoot me a private email for my phone #, if you need any parts support friday night as I won't be there Friday, but could bring stuff up Sat AM.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]