PDA

View Full Version : Low Power for ITS

paulydee
04-27-2003, 10:26 AM
I was just at an RX-7 event here in Indianapolis. There was a mobile dyno service which towards the end of the day was charging $35 for three pulls.

My best pull in the `91 RX-7 was 134HP. To me that seems like a low figure for ITS. Where am I losing that 40 HP to get to the pinacle HP figure?

I am running a cone intake, Racing Beat Street (2 into 1) header, a Racing Beat Presilencer and a single 3" catback muffler.

Is there anything else I should be doing to up the power level? I am running stock pullies, power steering and the airpump as well. How much can I expect to gain by dropping the accesories and smaller pullies?

Any advice would be appreciated.

------------------
Paul D'Angelo
73 ITS CENDIV
Indy Region
www.iridiumracing.com

jrx13
04-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Are you still running with the six ports? If you are maybe try running them wired open or take them out completely. Does your dyno show any large dips in the power curve?

paulydee
04-27-2003, 02:02 PM
Aux port sleeves have been removed. The only dip in the power curve is the ignition breaking up at 7500RPM and above.

------------------
Paul D'Angelo
73 ITS CENDIV
Indy Region
www.iridiumracing.com

ITSRX7
04-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Check compression numbers and make sure you are working with a good canvas.

Get rid of the accessories AND the presilencer. Can't say how much you will gain but you need to be around 160-165 RWHP to be NEAR the top.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

ITSRX7
04-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Paul,

Send me an e:mail and I will send you a scan of my dyno sheet for comparison.

[email protected]

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com