PDA

View Full Version : 2nd-gen fuel test port

ulfelder
03-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Can anybody recommend a fuel test port setup that works well for a second-gen RX-7(along with where to get it)? Many thanks.

CaptainWho
03-22-2003, 09:05 PM
http://www.fuelports.com

I've never used them, but I'm getting ready to based on other recommendations on these boards.

Bill Umstead
03-23-2003, 06:33 PM
For what this is worth, I use a drybreak system on the return line to the fuel tank. I run a stock fuel tank and it was a simple matter to connect the fuel return line to a female drybreak fitting w/ hose barb and a similar male connection to the hose connection on the tank. I then have a separate male connector with hose to connect to the female connection if (when?) the tech guys want a fuel sample. This is all located in the trunk area under the access plate.

There are probably easier and less costly ways to attach the sample port, but this did not require my cutting into the high pressure supply line on the FI in the engine compartment.

You may also want to do a search on this forum for the past year on this subject. I know that several other competitors had posted responses on a similar question.

Good luck.

Bill Umstead

Chris Wire
03-24-2003, 02:00 PM
I'll second the dry break system as that is what I am planning on installing. I even have most of the parts already.

I don't believe that installing it in the return line should cause anyone concern as it is still a true sample of the fuel that the injectors will see. In addition, I feel that there is an element of safety involved, as the fuel will be exiting the sample hose at a reduced pressure.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]