PDA

View Full Version : Balz!? Say it ain't so!

Boswoj
01-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Just noticed that Balz's whole outfit is for sale on Ebay! I don't know him, and have never raced him since I'm on the other side of the county - but it seems like he is always friendly with help here. Balz - you changing cars? Don't tell me you are defecting to Spec Miata or something! Certainly not giving it up!!!! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif

Boswoj

balz
01-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, the time has come with something good must come to an end. I am not leaving for ever, but I am taking a sabatical.

Last year was a wash for me and there were somethings that happened at the end of it that made it seem anything but fun (see the ARRC threads).

On top of that, I just bought a new, and bigger house to store my growing family in.

The economy was taking a minor toll on me, but after the house purchase, I guess the wife and I celebrated just a little too hard (pun intended).

#3 is now on the way and if I continue to spend the time away from the house under the hood of my car like I have in the past, I am going to end up with 1 big house and 1 small one....me of course living alone in the small one.

My daughter is going to be 5 soon, so I give it 3-4 years and I will be back. I don't want this thing to sit and rot for 4 years, so I know that someone out there can get some great use out of it. Anyone that has seen my setup (and how it has grown over the last 3 years) will tell you it is nice. You can't beat the combo for the price, but this day in age its hard to find someone that can drop the cash for the whole setup. (what do they call that? catch 22? GRIN).

I'll still be here acting like I know what I am talking about (acting being the key word there) and I'll always continue to support IT-7 and our local Pro-IT series. Don't be surprised if you see me walking around in a white SCCA shirt some this year.

Fletcher (for those of you in the SE) offered me his title of PADDOCK SOB but I told him my BALZ weren't big enough <GRIN>. But I am sure I will keep myself active.

When I come back, I am 100% sure I will be running a rotory...I just don't know if it will have fenders on it <GRIN>.

Keep the faith!

Balz

------------------
Balz
#67 IT-7
www.balz.myip.org
"I live my life one Apex (seal) at a time"

miketrier
01-25-2003, 09:10 PM
It really is a top notch car and setup. If I didn't already have my car and trailer I'd sure be interested. Sorry you won't be around but I can understand. I was out of SCCA completely for about 10 years. Didn't get a car and start driving until '98 at age 50 after the kids were grown. Good luck Frank. Hope you make it back soon.

ddewhurst
01-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Frank, it sounds like you made some very good decisions for all the best reasons. The short people are only short for a short period of time & the bride soner or later decides that the 3 short people in the house (the big house) & the groom with the race car ain't going to work..... Spelled groom in the small house.

Have Fun & get back when the time allows.

------------------
Have Fun ;)
David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
Spec-7 #14

Hotshoe
01-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Balz:
Sorry to see you go. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. And that is a good thing. I have always enjoyed your company and those late night engine changes. Good move on not taking the paddock marshall job I think it better suits Fletcher (no other comment).
Hope to see you around, not sure about the white shirt though(unless it is a tee shirt)ha..ha. Well, keep it buzzing: one apex "SEAL" at a time.

Rick #99 IT7

emerilnut
03-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Frank man!!! I was just asking about you at the March 1-2 SARRC/ProIT. And then I read this tonight. Sorry to see you go!!! But you're making the right choices at the right time. Keep coming to the track and saying hello. I'll be at Road Atl for the ProIT later this month. Hope to see you soon.

Stan

------------------
*** KimChi Racing ***
Stan Mitchem
Atlanta Region
#11 ITA Miata