PDA

View Full Version : Pro 7

Jiveslug
02-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey, I posted this in the General area and Dave L. suggested I repost here. Thanks.

Hey everyone. Well, I just got back from SoPac's first race at Fontana/California Speedway and it was a blast. I cant wait to get started. Now, I was also very impressed with the PRO-7 group there as well. 30+ cars!!! It was awsome! Im looking for some info on the class. How is it different than NASA's version and how do the cars differ from their ITA counterparts? I also posted in the SoPac/NorPac section on this topic. Thanks everyone!!
Oh, again, special thanks to John Norris, Jane Wesley and the gang out in Fontana. They were super friendly and helpful.

Ryan

Jiveslug
02-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Bump!!! Come on folks.... Anyone??? Info????? Please????

ddewhurst
02-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Ryan, did you type [email protected] in the address line of an e-mail & ask the Spec-7 folks how to get in contact with the Pro-7 folks ? Some of them also drive Pro-7's.

Try an e-mail to Daryl @ [email protected]. Daryl races ITA 1st gen's & IIRC he also has raced Pro-7.

------------------
Have Fun ;)
David Dewhurst
CenDiv Milwaukee Region
Spec-7 #14

jake7140
02-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Not being any sort of expert on this, You could probably check out rules on related web sites if available. My guess is that there are some differences between the pro-7 rules that you would need to be aware of, but are most likely pretty close. At least the basic prep would follow the same path, with differences if any in the finer points.
A far as compared to ITA, I think IT allows significantly more mods than pro-7. For one, I believe Pro-7 requires stock wheels, stock-type rear (as opposed to Panhard, etc). My recollection is that Pro-7 is a fairly spec class, but allows header, carb jets and some gutting, maybe even camber paltes and open on springs/shocks.
BUT THIS IS A VERY UNRESEARCHED OPINION, just recalling from memory things I ran into as I was gettnig going in Spec RX-7.

Try searching for some rules on the respective body's web sites. Good luck, the little rotaries are fun (in their own way) and easy to maintain!

PRO7
02-06-2003, 09:10 PM
You can find the PRO7 rules for Cal Club at www.sevensonly.com (http://www.sevensonly.com)

The rules changed for 2003. Some of the changes include 205's instead of 185's and min weight with driver of 2300 instead of 2400.

------------------
Ed Reich
Cal Club - SCCA

wlfpkrcn
02-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Up here in NorCal NASA and SCCA run the same rules for Pro7. We are required to run stock exhaust manifold, 81-85 carb/intake and distributor. You must run stock watts linkage. The suspension kit comes from Ground Control. Wheels are 13x5.5 (stock) any wheel may be used, but there is a minimum weight with tire (23lbs?). Tire size is 185/60r13 Toyos.

In IT you are allowed header, front strut brace, open springs and sway bars, panhard rod, and much more. You can also run the early carbs and intake.

The NASA Pro7 rules are available for free at the website nasaproracing.com

Have fun

Eric