PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Participation

backformore
01-22-2003, 05:06 PM
I want to encourage everyone to bring there ITS RX7s out to race. With the percieved (or real) dominance of the BMWs it is easy to feel discouraged with your RX7. However, most of us race for fun and never compete for a class win. What is fun is having other cars to compete against. If we all keep (or buy) or 2nd gen cars and bring them out to race, we will continue to have large fields and lots of fun.

See you all at the track. (I'll likely be in your rear view mirror http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Rory

Eagle7
01-22-2003, 09:32 PM
I'll be joining the fray this summer with my newly acquired '86.

------------------
Marty Doane
ITS RX7
CenDiv WMR

Chris Wire
01-23-2003, 01:36 AM
I agree Rory, the 7 is still a very good car this far south. I hope to be racing mine in 03 after a proper sorting out. I would like to meet you if I have the chance to get up your way. If not, good luck this year.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

Green Flag Inc
01-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by backformore:
With the percieved (or real) dominance of the BMWs it is easy to feel discouraged with your RX7.
Rory

Being new to SCCA this past year with a recently purchased RX-7 I was a bit distraught at the power and speed of the BMW's, but as I look closer I think you have to give credit to the drivers of those cars that run at the front, there is some pretty good talent in the BMW's that run at the front. I've spoken with several that feel the RX-7 should compete for class wins against the Beemer. I'm fully committed to my '91 RX-7 and expect to run for the front at some point, as soon as I smooth out those entry's and figure out how to get a decent start!

Silkworm
01-23-2003, 07:40 PM
I put too much damn work into mine to give up this soon http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

I'll be out there this year.

PaulC

------------------

paulydee
01-23-2003, 08:05 PM
I'll be out there too. As soon as I finish the hook ups on my motor (post install). I might start out at Gateway in March. If not, I will definately be at IRP in April.

See you out there!

Paul D'Angelo
73 ITS RX-7 Cendiv
www.iridiumracing.com (http://www.iridiumracing.com)

[This message has been edited by paulydee (edited January 24, 2003).]

Karl Bocchieri
01-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Well if you can't beat them, you can at least feel good knowing that your going almost as fast for one quarter the cost.

backformore
01-24-2003, 12:41 AM
That is the kind of response I was hoping for!!!!!

I can't wait to race against a bunch of other ITS RX7s. I will be doing most (or all) of my racing at Rd. Atl. since it is a 7 minute drive. I hope to see lots of you out there.

Also, I want to take this chance to apologize for all the spelling and grammar errors in my initial post. I tend to be an English language nerd/nazi, but you'd never know it from that first post http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

Rory

PS: I also do not want to discount the considerable talent of the BMW drivers. They deserve all of their success. I also want to give all of them, especially Robby Kollar, credit for being class acts. In spite of all the crap that has been directed at the BMW crowd in this forum, he always provides logical, intelligent, and blame free responses and posts.

lateapex911
01-24-2003, 01:21 AM
And throw a bone to James Clay as well, who freely admits the Bimmer is the big dog, and says he's just trying to enjoy his day in the sun!

(But you can't blame the guys who are getting rained on to want to spread the wealth!)

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

AS-RACER
01-24-2003, 05:04 PM
We don't have the BMW problem in the Rocky Mountain Division. Mostly just RX7s and Zs with the occasional 944 Porsche thrown in. Hopefully we will have more cars to compete with this year. The average last year was probably 3 or 4 cars a race. I still had a lot of fun though and my car is very competitive with anyone that shows up. The 2nd gen RX7 makes a great race car.

Sean S.
ITS RX7 #0
Colorado Region Board Member

Tweak
01-28-2003, 12:38 AM
Yes, a testament to Mazda's original design whose dominance has only recently been challenged by newer technology, some 18 years later... FC's were good enough to serve as development platform for the FD RX-7 nearly a decade after the FC was originally conceived.

Shane
CenDiv SM57

[This message has been edited by Tweak (edited January 27, 2003).]

Hotshoe
01-30-2003, 12:06 PM
I am sad to say that I went to all the trouble of buying a good 2nd Gen RX7 in hopes of moving up to ITS. But after seeing how much of an advantage the BMW has I gave up. I guess I'll stick with my trusty 1st Gen in IT7. I usually finish 3rd-5th in ITS anyway. Maybe I should put in a 13B????

Rick Thompson #99 IT7