PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Plate foot-well covering

ITSRX7
11-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Is their a supplier for pre-fabed drivers floor plates? Some guys have chromed, some have real diamond plate...

Am I on my own to cut and weld or is someone selling these?

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

Dave Burchfield
11-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Andy,

If you are interested...

We used a product called Dynamat Extreme on the floors of a friend's 1st Gen. It is a synthetic material that is foil backed which reflects the heat very well. It conforms to the floor shape and is about 1/8 inch thick. I was so impressed with it I worked a deal to have the rights from the manufacturer to distribute it to auto groups on the internet.

Let me know if you would like to discuss it further.

Dave

ITSRX7
11-25-2002, 11:21 PM
Send me the details!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

murphyd
11-26-2002, 12:21 AM
Me too, please. [email protected]

------------------
David Murphy
Murphy Motorsports

dickita15
11-26-2002, 09:18 AM
send me info as well
dick patullo
[email protected]

balz
11-26-2002, 11:26 AM
As I am sure Dave's product is very nice, I wanted to answer the original question with what I did on my car. Dave...I should have asked the quesiton here before I did what I did, if I would have I probably would have gone with your solution too.

Here is what I did.

I went to Lowes and bought a $25 piece of diamond plate that "roughly" fit the dimensions of my open space in the driver side floor board. I set it in place, drilled some wholes on the end nearest to the driver and pop-riveted that end into place. I grabbed my mini-propane torch and heated the other end and took a hammer to the base to lightly shape it into the floor well and then drilled holes and pop-riveted that end into place.

I then went around the outsite perimiter and did the samething. I am pretty pleased with what I did in 20 minutes.

I think that mine is functional, but will not provide the protection of what Dave is offering.

Tom Blaney
11-26-2002, 06:19 PM
I'm interested also

Tom Blaney
[email protected]

Dave Burchfield
11-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Everyone should have an email message. I really don't know how much to discuss it here because it could be considered commercial? I am trying to broker this deal to just cover expenses. The owner is a friend, and I have thought his product had great use in racing applications.

Besides, he's a motorhead. Building a Land Speed car around a jet fighter belly tank with 12A running gear.

I'll get answers for any questions.

Dave
89 RX7 ITS

RacinRich
12-02-2002, 12:08 PM
I have an aluminum plate installed on my 1ST GEN. car and have a template available. I can send copies of the template or a full fabricated, ready-to-install plate.

Remember this is for 1ST GEN. only:
template - $20 including shipping
aluminum plate - $50 plus shipping

Contact me at [email protected] for more info.

Rich Miller
IT7 #35
REMSPORT Racing

Jim Innella
12-02-2002, 01:14 PM
I purchased some diamond plate looking aluminum mud flaps from Discount Auto PArts. I bent it into a box shape on a vise then drilled two holes in it and the side wall of the car. Put in a couple of 9/16" bolts with lock washers and after pressing on it until it stopped bending I have a good looking light weight foot plate. I weigh 225 lbs and stand on it hard and it works perfectly. Purchased the mud flaps for about $25. Obviously you end up with a spare so you can make a gift for a racer friend too.
Jim I
IT7 #60

Br.itsrx
12-03-2002, 07:34 PM
AB-
Remind me before I see you on the 14th and I'll give you a template so you can cut your own and save some doe.

BRIAN

Scott Malbon
12-03-2002, 09:28 PM
Dave,

Also send me info on your mat.

Thanks.

Scott Malbon
[email protected]

ulfelder
12-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Andy -- I found a great genuine Diamondplate floor plate. It cost me $14,000.

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
Is their a supplier for pre-fabed drivers floor plates? Some guys have chromed, some have real diamond plate...

Am I on my own to cut and weld or is someone selling these?

AB