PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ITA Miata resources

ITSRX7
12-09-2002, 10:15 PM
I am one of the minority who thinks that a well developed, top of the line Miata can compete in ITA.

Can anyone point me to IT related websites or builders to tap into? Most of the SM stuff doesn't apply.

Thanks,

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

MK
12-09-2002, 10:51 PM
I'm in the even smaller minority that thinks a 1.8 Miata can do well in ITS! Stop laughing!

Anyway(when you guys can breathe again), I'm building a 1.6 SM now with IT in mind and it will probably run at least once next year with a limited IT suspension and hopefully an IT spec engine in ITA. Depends on how many parts I can borrow and how many hours I want to work for free.

I'm in the NE too. You building one for A?

Matt Kessler

ITSRX7
12-09-2002, 10:55 PM
That is the plan!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
12-09-2002, 11:08 PM
Hey, Andy, pay attention to this guy. He's the one screwing together my little NX2000 ITS rocket ship.

He's got some wackoid ideas, but I'm becoming a believer...

GregA

lateapex911
12-10-2002, 12:33 AM
IF the power can be made, the car should do well.......

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Rob May
12-10-2002, 10:53 AM
You want to talk to Todd Reynolds, or Bowie down in the southeast here. Todd has his car for sale, and it is well developed, and fast. Check the classifieds on this site.

7racing
12-10-2002, 01:49 PM
A current SM can do a low 1:04/high 1:03 in SM trim at LRP. At NHIS, the fast SM are in the mid-high 1:17 range. Bolt on Hoosier's, a 4.88 gear (or so), header/exhaust, port match the head and build the motor to IT specs. Oh yeah, lower the weight of the 1.6 another 150lbs or so. Think those relatively minor items will gain you 2 seconds per lap at NHIS/LRP? I do.

Should be a good year, possibly 3 Miatas being built to ITA trim? Might negate the "need" for SM (you know, the thought that it is not competitive in IT, so it needs it's own class). I say "Go kick some ASS!"

Jeremy

RacerBowie
12-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Feel free to shoot me an email. [email protected]

The ITA minimum is 2205, not 150lbs lower than sm....more like 40lbs, but still a bit of help.

The ITA cars have been proven to be able to win, or at least run at the front, at pretty much every track in the southeast except rd atlanta, which is a big-time horsepower track (or torque track, depending on who you ask)....the road atlanta question has still not been answered.

Bowie