PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rates / Suspension Setup

nevr2L82002
11-10-2002, 10:22 PM
I was thinking of ordering the K2RD coilover suspension setup with 400 front 275 rear rates with the KYB AGX shocks. What rates are common? Anyone have sugesstions for swaybars and other goodies?

I'll be getting the camber plates from them also.

ITSRX7
11-11-2002, 12:37 AM
Compare the prices to the Ground Control setup. Love it. You can get their camber plates, shock bodies and Koni's...

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

GEO46
11-11-2002, 12:39 AM
So many varibles. First off, I've never heard of K2RD. Still, alot depends on which track(s) you'll be running at. I know that at least two of the top three ITR/IT7 cars at WHRRI have totally different suspension set up's, yet it went down to the last race of the year to decide the class championship between the three of them.

Still, in my opinion, the spring rates you are talking about are only going to work an a glass smooth track. As far as sway bars, again so many variables. I run an inch and an eigth up front and none in the rear. But are you running the stock watts, or a panhard?

C. Ludwig
11-11-2002, 07:06 PM
You're probably not going to beat the prices at Mazdaspeed. Most of their suspension stuff comes from Ground Control which IMO is top quality stuff. Check them out. Also, talk to Ground Control. Tell them what tracks you'll be running and they can set you up with a good baseline setup. They have a bunch of RX7 experience.

Chris

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Silkworm
11-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Geo,

Curious as to what you recommend spring rates wise then? I'm running 400/275 on my ITS 2G, with a stock front bar/no rear bar.. I like this setup, but I don't know any better yet. I'm going to experiment with different spring rates in January, and see what I can come up with.

PaulC

ITSRX7
11-11-2002, 09:22 PM
If you LIKE the way the car feels, stay with the rates you have.

The NERCC winner in ITS this year is running MUCH higher rates than you on bumpy tracks like Lime Rock. Sometimes conventional wisdom is wrong.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]