PDA

View Full Version : rx7 gsl-se

golfracer
09-29-2002, 11:32 PM
what is the difference between the engines between this 13b and the later 13bs that account for up to 25hp difference? Does anyone have any HP reading for a developed gsl-se motor?

Thanks

Crack Monkey
09-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Most of the difference is intake manifold and ECU tuning. Also, in the last few years of the 2nd gen, there was an increase in compression ratio.

I've seen GSL-SE in C-Street Prepared (SoloII) make 170rwhp. This is with programmable engine management and 2nd gen intake manifold.

An ITS 2nd gen car should make 170-180rwhp. Maybe a bit more, but I doubt anybody would admit to it http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Crack Monkey (edited September 30, 2002).]

Allen Brown
09-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Well...I am running a SE in what is equivalant to ITS. The airflow meter on the SE is very restrictive in comparison to the 2nd gen RX7 (13b). I can't personally say this is correct, but I have been told if the 2nd gen airflow meter is adapted to the SE there is a noticable amount of HP there. BUT this is ILLEGAL for IT racing.

Someone on this board told me adjusting the fuel pressure up to the area of 55 psi and timing around 20 degrees makes around 160 RWHP. I'm in the middle of making this change, so I can't comment to the gains.

SE: 9.4 compression ratio
89-91: 9.7 compression ratio

Intake ports on SE 13b are disgustingly small.

My advice is if you are thinking about IT racing and you haven't purchased the GSL-SE yet...DON'T...Goe for a 2nd gen RX-7.

You'll also appreciate the independant rear suspension of the 2nd gen.

Good luck.

------------------
Allen Brown
#36 IT1
[email protected]

lateapex911
09-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Yup...the SE is a known dog in ITS.

Wouldn't mind having one in A though......

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Allen Brown
10-01-2002, 09:34 AM
I have to agree w / you Jake....But at this time, I generally pull away from the IT2 (ITA) group while the IT1 (ITS) group is pulling away from me.

The SE needs to either loose weight for the ITS or gain a few for ITA. It seems to be one of those cars that fall in the middle of the classes.

Oh well....I'm still having a great time on the track.