PDA

View Full Version : Miata Hard Tops

Tristan Smith
08-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Ok all you Miata maniacs. My wife purchased a '91 Miata this weekend to be her new daily driver (57,000 orig miles, and was obviously a garage queen). I would like to find a white hard top for it.......so my fellow IT brethren, where are some of the best places to find such a thing? I have heard that they can cost anywhere from 400 to 1200 bucks. What do guys see as a good fair price on one of these? Thanks for all your imput in advance.

Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

RacerBowie
08-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey Tristan,

They used to cost from 400 on up, now (with the advent of spec miata and everyone and their mother building a car) they seem to start at about $850 to $900. Check miata.net, check ebay. You may want to call a couple of local junkyards, I bet you guys have some good ones down there.

You gonna be at the track this weekend?

Bowie

Tristan Smith
08-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have just started the search. Yep i will be there. I am just hoping for a problem free weekend. Something that I haven't had this year yet. I was at the last RA event but never got past the warm up. Had a rear brake issue, which pretty much ended the weekend. I believe that that is now fixed (he says with crossed fingers). And you will have the new diff in your car, so your Miata will have some legs, eh? See you out there.

Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56