PDA

View Full Version : wheel offset for 2nd gen ITS

frazer
05-11-2002, 11:04 AM
i'm about to buy wheels for my '90. the car is currently on the road and will get me back and forth to track events until i can make it a dedicated race car. i'm looking for a new wheel set but i have no idea what offset to look for. i know many are running the kosei wheels? anything else? of course, price is an issue. anyone have any for sale?

thanks,

mike

Chris Wire
05-11-2002, 12:44 PM
I will assume that you want 15x7 since you posted it as an ITS question.

For price as the #1 consideration, I have not found any better deal than the Borbet's from Tire Rack www.tirerack.com (http://www.tirerack.com) . The Type H is currently $99 and Types S & B are both $109. While heavier (but not by much), the $30-40 savings would pay for an extra wheel when factored over a set of 4.

I bought 8 of the Type S last year when they were on sale for $89!!!

As for weight consideration, you still can't beat the Kosei K1s, in my opinion.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35

[This message has been edited by Chris Wire (edited May 11, 2002).]

Silkworm
05-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Stock offset is 40. I'm planning on getting K1s with 35 offset to give me a bit more room inward, and push the wheels out a bit.

PaulC

Aged racer
05-12-2002, 12:24 PM
A related question, one that was kicked around a few months ago: wheel studs.
Chris- do you still carry the ARP metric studs for the 2gen RX7 ? (pt# 100-7708)
I need to order same, still using the stock lugs after 7+ years. Also, what size lug nuts
best fit? I am switching to the Kosei wheel, figured it was a good time to replace studs, etc..
(One last question: do you recommend wheel spacers? Size (front + rear)? Do you carry those by any chance ?

Looking to one stop shopping ! Thanks for any help/ feedback.

Steve Strickland (Aged racer- been doing this since 1984...)

Chris Wire
05-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Yes, I do still carry the ARP studs. In fact, I just put on full set on my own ITS project. Front studs are simple, however the rears require that you remove the wheel hub from the carrier to replace them. May be a good time to replace the rear bearings as well - $40 per side from Mazda Comp.

Give me a call at 800-882-7231 or email to [email protected]. I'll be glad to help you out.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

frazer
05-13-2002, 10:19 AM
steve, i've been meaning to contact you. if this is the same person, i now own the bolt-in cage from your rx-7. i had a couple of questions for you about it. if this is you, would you mind dropping me a line at [email protected]

thanks,

mike

C. Ludwig
06-07-2002, 11:25 AM
Talked to my wheel guy the other day. He called the Kosei people (distributor I guess) and they told him the K1s were available in 38 and 25mm. The 38 is basically stock. With that offset Hoosiers rub on my lower spring perches in the front by about a 1/4". The 25mm will leave plenty of room.

Chris