PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure

cmason07
05-28-2002, 10:43 PM
I just bought a new fuel pressure regulator from ISC Racing in Florida. Nice unit, but now my car sputters under heavy load in certain places on the track (end of front straight is one place).

I _think_ it is getting too much fuel. the EGT gauges were at 1500 degrees. is there some other change that should accompany the increased fuel pressure change?

lateapex911
05-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Step 1: Call Paul Yaw!

Step 2: Do as he says!

Or...even better......visit his website.

http://personal.riverusers.com/~yawpower/

Based on the information you gave, the answer is ......depends. Depends on a bunch of factors that you didn't mention.

I've often had problems with over presssure and poor needle and seat sealing resulting in overfilled float bowls, and the resulting mess.....

Spend a cup of coffe with Paul... and you'll thank yourself!

plank
05-29-2002, 10:31 AM
We have continuing fuel pressure problems at high RPM under load (4th gear) Putting the pressure gauge in the car we see the drops. talking to the guy who sells the tri-link we found he had the same problem and put in a second holly regulator. What it sounds like in your car is a carb problem, hence Yaw is a good person to talk to, but if you are having high speed only problems it could be your regulator. Anyone else have the high speed only problem? We are going to put two regulators in series and step it down to 2 1/2 from an initial 5 or so and hope to be able to maintain it.

Dick Plank

cmason07
05-29-2002, 03:46 PM
sorry, I wasn't very clear about my original post. I run an ITS 2nd Gen. so it's fuel injected.

the cutting out happens predictably at certain points on the track. end of straight, which is top 7000 in 4th, exiting turn 2, which is heavy load and top end of 3rd (turn 2 is a left-hand turn) , and coming out of turn 10, which is top of third and heavy load and a left turn.