PDA

View Full Version : One Lap @ Road Atlanta

macrod01
05-07-2002, 10:18 AM
sounds fun!
--------- Original Message -------------

Rotorheads,

D**** and I are planning to go to Road Atlanta on Thursday, May 9th to greet the One Lap of America guys Dale Black and Greg Stasiowski driving the # 31, 1994 RX-7 in the SSGT2 class. I will be taking food and beverages for them. Mazcare is supposed to go and perhaps have some plugs, or other helpful parts available for the team.

I called Road Atlanta today to check the prices for admission. The person answering the phone said there were no specators for the One Lap event, and that you had to be a family member to get in . I said that I had promised to meet a team in the event and she explained that you just need to see the security guard at the gate and sign a waiver to get in.

Road Atlanta gates open at 7:00am for the entrants to come in. There will be 2 timed events:

1st Event starts at 8:30am and finishes at 11:30am.
2nd Event starts at 1:00pm and finishes at 4:00pm.
Then they will be on their way to Carolina Speed Shop in Easley, SC for 6:00pm deadline.

So who all wants to come out and support our rotary powered vehicle in the One Lap Of America?

frazer
05-07-2002, 12:40 PM
i'm actually thinking about going to the event at Summit Point. i went a few years (quite a few) back when kevin whym was driving his 3rd gen. anyway, it was cool seeing a variety of cars. porsche, mazda, bmw, merc, a van, blazer, mosler raptor, cobra, etc... where is the schedule of events?

thanks,

mike