PDA

View Full Version : carter fuel pump

buzzinhornet
04-30-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm finally getting around to replacing my Holley Red with a Carter on my 1st-gen. I've got the Summit Racing catalog sitting in front of me--which pump is the correct one to order and which regulator do I need? TIA

04-30-2002, 12:21 PM
Like a dummy I thru away the box that yaw sent me but I can tell you the reg you want is the Holley 12-804 1-4#
later today when I get home ill jack the car up and get the number off the pump.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA Mazda #77
SFR, NORPAC
CSCC, SOPAC

buzzinhornet
04-30-2002, 12:45 PM
Thanks Daryl,
I've been using the Holley regulator already (with the Holley Red pump), but I've been having problems with pressure creep. I thought there was a Carter regulator which was supposed to solve the problem. Have you had good luck holding a steady pressure using the Carter pump with the Holley regulator?

04-30-2002, 01:18 PM
let me guess, you dont have a return line back to your tank do you?
there is no way to stop creep unless you have the return line in.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA Mazda #77
SFR, NORPAC
CSCC, SOPAC

buzzinhornet
04-30-2002, 03:28 PM
No, there's no return line. I had been told, though, that a carter pump along with a certain regulator, does a pretty good job of holding the pressure low enough and minimizing creep. I just can't remember which regulator it was. Anyway, I'm stuck running no return line right now, since there's a fuel cell with no return fitting and the carb (one of Stan's older ones, I believe) is set up with no return.

[This message has been edited by buzzinhornet (edited April 30, 2002).]

balz
04-30-2002, 10:31 PM
I just bought a new one from Barnetts here in Atlanta...let me dig the reciept and part number out for you.

------------------
Balz
#67 IT-7
www.balz.myip.org
"I live my life one Apex (seal) at a time"

buzzinhornet
05-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys,
I found the part# and ordered it last night. Hopefully this will be the cure and I won't have to see gas seeping out of every orifice of my carb as the pressure spikes over 15lbs.!!!!