PDA

View Full Version : About Yaw Power?

Mike
04-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Anyone using one of Pauls headers? I'm thinking of getting one from him for my ITA car.
Are there any other good headers out there? Besides Racing Beat?
How about his carb? Anyone running with his carb on an ITA car?
I had one of his street carbs a while back and it was very nice. Do you guys like his ITA carb.

Does anyone know for sure that Paul yaw is still in buisness? I've been trying to contact him by phone and e mail for the last 2 weeks.

I had a hard time contacting him the first time I bought a carb from him but this is much worse. You can't even leave a message for him anymore.

Mike

------------------

04-24-2002, 11:26 PM
yes,yes and yes.
his headers are not yet available and wont be in the near future.
there are other ones available but are dyno built to each motor and very expensive.
I have the racebeat and its a quality piece.
I have yaws ITA carb and its perfect right out of the box.
yes he is still in business but he is very busy on money making projects (carbs dont pay squat) just send him your carb, a brief note on your racing class, engine ports, headers or not, and average altitude, av temp at where you race and a check for $462.00 and your return adress and he will send you a new carb, extra jets(but you wont need them) fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and gauge along with instructions on how to install and tune them.
he waits untill 5 carbs arrive before he builds and sends them out.
about every 5 weeks he ships out a bunch so be patient.
its worth the wait.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA Mazda #77
SFR, NORPAC
CSCC, SOPAC

Boswoj
04-25-2002, 04:17 AM
Wow - I've heard a lot about Paul Yaw and all of it good concerning his carbs, but I have the same problem. In the last couple of weeks, I've sent numerous e-mails and left messages at a number that someone here on the board gave me. I'm just not willing to send my carb and a hefty check to someone who can't take a couple of minutes to dash off a reply to me - even if all it says is that he is too busy to deal with me right now. The racing fraternity is a close one, and when I find so many people who don't even know me that are willing to give of themselves freely, it is hard to be completely ignored by someone that wants me to be a customer. After two weeks of no response of any kind I finally just gave up and am having a local guy do my carb work - it may not end up being quite as good as Yaw's work but this guy has always been available with technical advice and even helped prep my car at the track when I was running behind when he could have been working on his own. Service has got to be worth something! - just my two cents worth, not trying to stir up trouble. I'm genuinely unhappy to not be getting one of Yaw's carbs - but I couldn't keep waiting forever.

Rick