PDA

View Full Version : ITS Caliper Upgrade Parts.

TURN9
04-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Other that the brake calipers, is there anything I would need to upgrade a 5 lug single piston front caliper system, to a dual piston caliper? A list of the parts would be great.

Corey.

------------------

Silkworm
04-22-2002, 02:40 AM
Right off the top of my head, calipers, rotors, the small 5" or so hardline on each of the calipers. Since you have 5 lug hubs already, I don't think you need to swap those, but what I'm not certain is if you need the spindles, for the caliper mounting bolts.

Sorry I can't help you fully. :

PaulC

------------------

TURN9
04-22-2002, 02:59 AM
Thanks, I have 4 cars to choose from and all are easy to get to.

Do you know if the TURBO II trans is a direct bolt-in? I think the driveshaft might be different. That .76 5th gear might be worth it, but I don't know if it is legal to be swapped in place of the .71 5th. How often does one use 5th gear?

Thanks again,

Corey.

Silkworm
04-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Not legal. Turbo cars are not listed in the ITCS, so you can't use parts off those cars.

And the turbo did not come with .76 5th gears, only the GTUs (and maybe the 88 GTU) came with the deeper 5th gear.

Regards,

PaulC

TURN9
04-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks! I'll have to wait till my books come in. I'll just concentrate on the brakes for now...to pass the time.

Corey.

------------------

Silkworm
04-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Oh, and as for the bolt in issue

Yes, although you'll require the T2 driveshaft, and T2 differential, unless you want to get fancy with custom length driveshafts.

Regards,

PaulC