PDA

View Full Version : seat mounting this weekend - please help

frazer
04-12-2002, 11:13 AM
i have a '90 rx-7. i am putting my sparco rev in this weekend. i have the sparco competition brackets. my plan is to mount the brackets to the floor and use 3/8" aluminum on the understand of the car to increase strength. grade 8 bolts all around. the seat side mounts use 8mm x 1.25 bolts (not sure of length, probably 12mm to 20mm, anyone know?). my question: if you look at the floor board there are a couple of places that rise up (like where the orginal seat mounts would be - hope that makes sense). do i need to cut those out to mount the brackets? if someone has a pic of their's mounted that would be great. any other advice would be awesome!

thanks,

mike

dickita15
04-12-2002, 03:00 PM
yes to mount the seat low those stock bracket need to go. i am not familiar with your seat but the floor is not flat so you might have to shim depending on where the bolts are.
dick

04-12-2002, 03:48 PM
yes the stock blurbs on the floor have to be removed, but heres something I wish someone would have told me.
when you think you have the seat where you want it, stop,put the required padding on the rollbar, get in it and put your helmet on and make sure your head dosnt hit the rollbar.
I got to drivers school only to find out with a helmet on i didnt fit in the car, I drove all weekend all scrunched down in the seat with no neck collar on.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA Mazda #77
SFR, NORPAC
CSCC, SOPAC

frazer
04-12-2002, 04:58 PM
thanks for the responses. i'm going to dremel those puppies out tonite. =) thanks for the warning about the rollcage (if i only had one right now).

mike

frazer
04-15-2002, 12:35 PM
UPDATE - i got the channels/bumps/what-have-you cut out in the seating area. now, seeing as the floor isn't exactly level, what did everyone do to level it out for the seat? it's ready to go in tonight. do i just bang the floor w/ a hammer, or will bolting the seat base in level things out? on another note, how does the sunroof and assembly come apart. the sunroof is out and i'm gradually unbolting everything (so it will come apart sooner or later), but is there a quick way to do it? i've got the alum. straps to bolt it in ala c. ludwig.

thanks,

mike