PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Differential Question

ITSRotary
03-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi guys,

Currently building an ITS 2nd gen and hope maybe someone here can help point me in the right direction. I've got a stock 4.10 w/o LS and would like to change to 4.88 gears with a Torsen unit. From what I've seen this seems to be the set-up of choice. I also haven't seen many used units for sale. Does anyone have a source? Any cheaper alternatives to new units from Mazda Motorsports? Any help/direction/ideas appreciated.

TIA,

Steve Jones

Silkworm
03-10-2002, 03:23 AM
Speedsource can do this for you, I know other places can too but none come to mind at the moment.

http://www.speedsourceinc.com

PaulC

------------------

Karl Bocchieri
03-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Steve,
These cars never came with that raito, so anyone who has had it built is still using it, that's why there hard to find. Get the parts from Mazda motorsports and get someone to build it for you, it realy is the cheap way to go. You may be able to scrounge up the Torsen out of a wrecked Miata, but most junkmen know what it is and charge top dollar for it.

ITSRotary
03-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the response!

Kinda what I suspected. Guess I'll give MM a call.

Thanks again.

Steve

BrianB
03-16-2002, 01:10 PM
You might consider finding a stock limited slip and rebuilding it with Mazdaspeed competition components,or welding your open diff locked. ISC racing in florida can set you up with a 4.88($600-$700 +a pinion). A 4.33($340) for the 2 gen is available from Mazdaspeed
Brian