PDA

View Full Version : 1985 13b fuel injection

charles lovelady
02-19-2002, 12:01 AM
currently resurrecting 1985 gslse, raced in ITS in early 90's. what is current thought regard desirable fuel injection modifications? air flow meter seems restrictive, what is this about wiring flapper valve into short runner position? sixth port valves have been removed on this car. how is rev limiter defeated? any help appreciated. thanks, charles lovelady

Allen Brown
02-26-2002, 03:19 PM
I currently run a 85 SE where the secondary port sleeves have been removed. Yes, the airflow meter is restrictive. If there is a way to increase airflow (legally),I also would like to know.

CrunchyFrog
02-26-2002, 05:05 PM
There were a few who raced these cars a few years back... I heard that the big "problem" with these cars is the FI, it's just too restrictive and not tunnable... But I am not so sure...

Waaay back I knew a great old racer - Chuck Carico, Chuck lives in Rantoul or Royal Illinios - down state by the Champaign, if you can find Chuck, he might remember who he knew who would know how to massage the system.

The best resource is the FI manufacturer - if you can find a willing Engineer, you might find some answers...

Isn't this system a Bosh System - the type with the FI cam? I know the cams can be altered.

Sorry, I have been looking at this thread for a while and not seeing any progress, I know so little that I felt what I knew was junk, but maybe you can find some help from this information.

Other_K