PDA

View Full Version : Moving to E/P ?

den
11-21-2001, 06:29 AM
With all the changes going on in ITA, with regard to rx7's,is anybody thinking of moving up to E/P ?

rgrunenw
11-25-2001, 08:41 PM
Thought about it a coupled of times. The thought of running EP in regionals is not enticing (fields too small) and to convert mine or build a decent EP car to run nationals is cost prohibitive right now for me. We have large ITA fields in Cendiv, and so the racing is always good even if most of the fast RX7's are racing for the last trophy position in ITA. I've seen a few national EP RX7's for sale that are generally in the $15k - $20k range.

Ricn

Ed Newberg
11-26-2001, 07:20 PM
Bob Grammer is selling his EP RX7, and it's a pretty good bargain. If you're interested, take a look at

http://www.geocities.com/racer_it7/bobscar.html

Ed

NoRaceCarYet
11-27-2001, 03:17 PM
Dave Lemon, the guy behind MazdaTrix has run his Pro7/ITA Rx7 in Regional EP all season and has only swapped the tires for slicks on the stock Rx7 wheels and run a Webber carb.. he runs well and finishes ahead of most other Regional EP cars...

He won CalClub's EP class this year.

K

den
11-27-2001, 03:58 PM
Dave does do well with a stock motor,until a real e/p car shows up. Don't get me wrong and think i'm bad mouthing Dave, cause i'm not. He's building a real e/p car also.
Den