PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen RX7 motors

jls288gto
09-14-2001, 02:46 PM
I've contacted several RX7 builders about motors for prices, but anyone have opinions on power, reliability or ease of doing business? SAS, Speedsource and RotaryRacing are those I've talked with. Any input would be appreciated.

rx7chris
09-15-2001, 11:49 AM
this is just my opinion, because he built mine. but if you're looking for a motor at a competitive price call scott @ mazsport. ph#727-530-9960. if you race in florida, he's at the track for most of the events. good guy to work with, very accomadating.

Chris
IT7 #88

Carlos Gutierrez
09-15-2001, 12:59 PM
I've won races running motors built by Scott, Carl and David so I can objectively say all three will provide you excellent power and reliability. But for ease of doing business as it relates to both cost and information/support provided to develop the entire under the hood package (developing and tuning all the pieces together as a package is where the real horsepower gains come from), your man is Scott Glassburn of Mazsport in Tampa.

balz
10-25-2001, 06:44 PM
I recommend Stan and Denise at SDJ motorsports in North Carolina. They built my partners EP 12A and he won the S.E. Div regionals in it. We ran this past weekend at VIR in the ECR and his engines finished 1-4 in the first race, and for sure 1 and 2 in the second (didn't look a the 3rd place finisher). They roam the S.E. races and provide excellent tech support. Stan has developed, and is in the process of developing more custom 12A race parts (Air-filter setup, Header, suspension parts). I can dig their number up if you'd like it. They are EXTREMELY reasonable, and very easy to work with.

------------------
Balz
#67 IT-7
The only John Deer green one going!

Rob May
10-25-2001, 10:20 PM
Look at what runs up front. Speedsource. Enough said.

10-26-2001, 10:56 AM
have any of these three builders the experience with mazdas to build both road racing engines and 9 second drag engines, you might want to call http://www.mazdatrix.com/
he has over 25 years with mazdas.

[This message has been edited by 7'sRracing (edited October 26, 2001).]