PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar ???s

Chris Wire
09-12-2001, 05:21 PM
I am searching for recommendations for sway bar kits for a '89 ITS RX7. Both Suspension Techniques and Eibach list adjustable sway bar kits for my car. Does anyone have any experience with either set? What are the pros and cons of each? Price is somewhat less important than the effectiveness of the package, so I am looking to find out what will work best. I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing

C. Ludwig
09-12-2001, 07:29 PM
I got the Suspension Technique bar. The car hasn't hit the track yet but I can tell you if you go for this bar BE PATIENT. I had originally ordered it nearly a year ago from Racesearch.com and cancelled the order after waiting about 3-4 months without receiving a part. Thinking it was Racesearch's problem I reordered it from Strano. Again, it took about 4 months to get the bar. Strano kept me updated on ST's ineptness and I have to believe them after experiencing the delay with two dealers.

Thought about trying to put together one of those oval track, tubular bars? After really looking at mine it appears it wouldn't be too difficult.

Chris

Carlos Gutierrez
09-15-2001, 02:40 PM
Hello Chris, good to see you're moving along with the construction of your new ride. Please allow me to suggest you contact the folks who have proven they put together the best handling "package" for your application (ITS Mazda Rx7). As you well know, cage construction, shocks, bushings, suspension setup/alignment and tire selection (Hoosiers vs Toyos) all influence your decision as to selecting a sway bar kit and its assembly. If your chassis/suspension/tire package resembles what the boys at the Source of Speed run, it would be in your best interests to contact Mr. Syl and purchase your sway bar kit through him. We did two years ago and it was definetly the right choice. Their history of rolling new customer Mazdas off the transporter and winning first time out speaks for itself. Best of luck as I truly look foward to seeing you at the front of the ITS field. P.S. Marc D. can give you similar insight on the parameters involved reference the Rx7. Give him a call.

Chris Wire
09-15-2001, 03:59 PM
Thanks Carlos. You don't know how much I appreciate the input that I have received from you, Marc, Rob Wansley, D. DeShong, Scott Finlay, the Goldin Bros., and others. It has been a learning experience.

While I try not to take advantage of people willing to help me, I don't want to waste a lot of money buying things that don't work. These cars cost enough to build/develop already without wasting extra funds.

As it stands the car is gutted an awaits a cage. My shop will be attending to that in the near future. In the interim, I am collecting all of the items you mentioned, shocks, bushings, sway bars, and diff, until the motor is ready to come out for a rebuild. Any help in those areas is always appreciated. On that note, if anyone has some of the aforementioned items for sale, let me know. I am trying to keep this project moving, even if it is at a crawl! Hopefully my scheduled debut in February is not too optimistic!

Thanks again for the input.

Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing

P.S. At present Marc D. and family should be traveling home from the Solo II Nats. Hope they had a safe and successful trip.

[This message has been edited by Chris Wire (edited September 15, 2001).]