PDA

View Full Version : 84-87 Poly Motor Mounts?

Motor City Hamilton
05-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I'd like to get a set of Poly or Energy type engine mounts for my 86 Civic ITC car. Noone seems to make a set for anything older than 1988. Any sources for stiffer motor mounts?

Thanks
MCH

jc836
05-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Nice idea-but not legal in poly.

------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

Motor City Hamilton
05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Really? Not Legal? I must have missed that in the GCR, which I could have easily done. I'll have to look at that tonight.

wbp
05-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Besides not being legal, we find the poly mounts aren't needed. We have raced several of these cars, starting in 1998, and the stock mounts do just fine.

Chris Eastwood
05-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Try this out, get a tube 3M's 3500 Marine sealant and fill in the spaces on the OEM mounts.
It works very well.

racer14itc
05-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Chris Eastwood:
Try this out, get a tube 3M's 3500 Marine sealant and fill in the spaces on the OEM mounts.
It works very well.

...for getting someone DQ'd!

MC

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited May 08, 2005).]

lateapex911
05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
One thought...I think the original poster "missed it" in the GCR because he was thinking they would say if it WASN"T allowed. But remember, the GCR lists what mods ARE allowed...and the rest must remain stock.

Second, are engine mounts considered bushings?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

racer14itc
05-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
One thought...I think the original poster "missed it" in the GCR because he was thinking they would say if it WASN"T allowed. But remember, the GCR lists what mods ARE allowed...and the rest must remain stock.

Second, are engine mounts considered bushings?

They're not considered SUSPENSION bushings, if that's what you're asking. Only suspension bushings are free...

http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

MC

------------------
Mark Coffin
#14 GP BSI Racing/Action Digital/Airborn Coatings/Krispy Kreme VW Scirocco

Motor City Hamilton
05-10-2005, 05:12 PM
That's what I was wondering - this is one of those rules where you can't do it because it isn't mentioned that you can.

My stock mounts are beginning to crack and get nasty. I pulled the ones from my parts car that are a bit nicer.

charrbq
05-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Whereas engine mounts must remain stock, an engine limiting bar may be used. They help a bunch! That said, I used to replace my motor mounts regularly from the parts car bin on my '87 ITC. Gave up and bought new ones after almost dropping the drive train on a hard braking turn. Never looked back on the expense, but I still keep an eye on them and CV joints.

------------------
Chris Harris
ITC Honda Civic