PDA

View Full Version : fuel cell installation

four27
12-27-2004, 04:41 PM
If anyone is thinking about putting a fuel cell in a 04-01 integra and needs some pointers let me know. I am almost done with mine and while time consuming it isn all that hard. I am installing a 12 gallon Fuel Safe Enduro model with a fuel pump built into it. I installed mine with no welding. I can send photos also.

p99ro
12-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Yes I have been thinking of doing this to last longer during enduro`s so any info is good thanks.
CRXsi 89 ITA NER Scott Haven cold and itching to drive.

MadFrog
12-28-2004, 10:02 AM
yes, pictures and any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to see how you mounted it with no welding. A professional installation (cutting floor, building cage around the cell, bulk head, etc.) was quoted to me around $2500. I'd love to save that kind of $$$ if I can safely do it myself.

thanks.

Tom Blaney
12-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by p99ro:
Yes I have been thinking of doing this to last longer during enduro`s so any info is good thanks.
CRXsi 89 ITA NER Scott Haven cold and itching to drive.

I looked at doing this last year, be during the 12 hour we were able to get two hours + out of a tank, I don't think the cell is necessary except for the faster fill capability. And taking into consideration that the pit stops have a manditory time period we were always finished with the fueling before the time was up.

four27
12-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by MadFrog:
yes, pictures and any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to see how you mounted it with no welding. A professional installation (cutting floor, building cage around the cell, bulk head, etc.) was quoted to me around $2500. I'd love to save that kind of $$$ if I can safely do it myself.

thanks.

four27
12-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by MadFrog:

thanks. I will get a good set of photos and get them to you with a verbal description. email me at [email protected] so I will have your email. Anyone else who wants the photos do the same and I will send info. Subject line show "Fuel Cell installation"

four27
12-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Tom Blaney:
I looked at doing this last year, be during the 12 hour we were able to get two hours + out of a tank, I don't think the cell is necessary except for the faster fill capability. And taking into consideration that the pit stops have a manditory time period we were always finished with the fueling before the time was up.
I am only doing it for safety sake. These cells with their bladders can really take a beating.

MadFrog
12-29-2004, 12:20 PM
thanks, email sent.