PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Prelude Si

DaveITB1
10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Is the rumor about the '87 Prelude moving from ITA to ITB for '05 next year true?

My BMW is pretty beat and am examining options for a new ITB car for next season.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

RSTPerformance
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by DaveITB1:
Is the rumor about the '87 Prelude moving from ITA to ITB for '05 next year true?

My BMW is pretty beat and am examining options for a new ITB car for next season.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave don't do it! stay German!

gran racing
10-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Yahoo it's true!!! I've been jumping up and down about this for a while now...

I've been racing the '87 lude for a few years. The bad is that there is very little aftermarket support for the car. (I had to get custom shocks made for it, begged DC sports to build a small run of headers which are no longer avail.) But overall I do like the car. Besides, it is different. I only know of one other '87 prelude si running in SCCA.

If you have any questions, let me know. Next year should be interesting!

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13
'87 Honda Prelude si
NOW ITB!!!

DaveITB1
10-14-2004, 08:53 PM
** Sorry Raymond - Have to explore all my options. Getting tired of finishing 8th-15th all the time**

Hey Dave,
Sounds like you are psyched.
Drop me an email (with car photos if you have them). I'd like to talk more about your car.

I am running in the 3hr at the Glen this weekend in case you are going too. I'll be hanging out at the Hoosier trailer with Smarty. Come by if you are there.

Dave

gran racing
10-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Ray (assuming that's you and not your bro) why in the world are you in the Honda area? Then again my Toyota racing friend notified me about this topic. Go figure. So Ray, are you curious about the dark side? (Yes I know you have 5 stinkin cylinders!)

Dave, sounds like we'll be missing each other by a week. I'll be up at the Glen next weekend with EMRA (the prelude has been in their ITB equilivent ST3 for the past 2 yrs so its much more attractive to me). I'll also be at LRP on 10/30; again an EMRA event. I honestly don't think the 2nd gen prelude is "the car to have". But then again I've heard the same thing about those stinkn' Audis.

I'm just psyched not to race against cars that have much more HP (say 140!) versus my 110 and weigh less then my car.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail - I'd be happy to share some info. with you at [email protected] A little overboard? Well I was forced into changing my msn e-mail and the other names were taken (yeah by my old subscription!). Oh well.

Good luck at the enduro. I'm really curious what the typical ITB times are at the Glen's long course...

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13
'87 Honda Prelude si
NOW ITB!!!