PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried running a 2nd gen integra with no front bar

itaintegra31
03-17-2004, 04:36 PM
If anyone has let me know what you think.

il8apex
03-19-2004, 12:08 AM
2nd Gen Integra... That's the same platform as my '93 Civic Coupe, so I'll chime in here.

With a car this big and heavy, the ONLY way to keep traction (assuming stock open differential) is to stiffen the heck out of the rear and remove the front bar. This keeps both the fronts in contact with the ground.

My car shows excellent balance with a decent amount of lift throttle or trail brake oversteer on race tires. I suppose I could tune out some of it by running a smaller rear bar, but I haven't tried yet.

What type of handling balance do you experience with your current setup?

-Tom

itaintegra31
03-19-2004, 11:55 AM
First off I am running a lsd. My car feels very balanced in slow and high speed turns but in medium speed turns there is a slight push, I can over come this with trail braking but it would be nice to be able to carry more speed though these truns.Just have to try disconnecting the front bar.

[This message has been edited by itaintegra31 (edited March 19, 2004).]

il8apex
03-19-2004, 12:48 PM
The front LSD changes everything... to personal preference!

Try disconnecting the bar and see how it feels. The next step would be an adjustable rear bar. It's certainly mine...

-Tom

itaintegra31
03-19-2004, 01:01 PM
I am running an adjustable rear bar so I will be able to play with it and see how it feels.

------------------
Ron Carroll
REC Motorsports Inc.
#52 ITA integra