PDA

View Full Version : ITB Honda??

Knestis
01-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Okay - how about this? Since the Civic CX is in ITC, '96+ Civic EX is in A, and the earlier generation is headed there, how about a request to either (a) get the '92-95 DX moved from A to B, or (B) list the later DX in B in the first place? The latter would probably be a dead cinch.

Hmm?

Kirk

Banzai240
01-30-2004, 10:48 PM
DICLAIMER: This is my OPINION only...

If you guys know of cars that "should" be considered for a reclassification, please do write and let us know. We can't possibly know everything about each one of these cars, and there are so many "dead" classifications (cars no one races but are on the books...) that it's a difficult task to carefully review each one.

I think what I'd like to see are a list of the most popular/potentially most popular cars that are just misclassed.

Perhaps that would help in prioritizing consideration...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

racer-025
02-01-2004, 08:36 AM
First of all; I have no clue why the 92-95 Civic DX is in ITA anyway. Who would race one against a CRX Si? It should have been moved into B many years ago. Currently there are tons of them out there going cheap. If they move it into B, then start shopping.

Last year at the Targa NF Rally, the CRX Si that I had rented out, blew the engine on day 4. A local guy offered his engine for a replacement so that they could finish the event on day 5. His car was a 95 Civic DX. We swapped the engines & gearbox in 8 hours on Friday night in a local parking lot. I must say, after that, that CRX's performance was a dog compaired to the original 1.6 Si engine.

And, yes the 96+ non-vtec should go there too. These cars are all getting heavier and should be in B.