PDA

View Full Version : which camber product is right for 88 crx?

Chris Sawatsky
12-31-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm looking to buy some camber correction products for my roadrace crx and want to make sure I'm getting the right thing, as the concept is kind of foreign to me at this point
I'm looking at the line-up from Ingalls, and yes I know they are not "IT Legal" but I'm not concerned with that (no I don't race in SCCA)
They have two front options, one adjusts from +1.25º to +3º, the other adjusts from -3/4º to +1º
I'm thinking that I need the latter, because for our purposes negative camber is a good thing

any insight would be appreciated!

ITA_CRX
12-31-2003, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't get either of them.

NAPA has a bushing replacement that allows for adjustable camber. They go into the upper control arms and are easy to change. I recall it not being expensive.

The cheaper way to do it is to slot your upper control arms to increase the negative camber.

You want negative camber, so don't get anything that is positive.

Jamie

jc836
12-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Both Ingalls and SPC have parts that will drop in nicely at both ends of the car. The rear will NOT be SCCA legal if you are in IT and use the adjustable upper control arms. IT only allows shims/washers in the rear. The rule for IT for the front as I read it says that you may use an eccentric bushing to adjust the Camber. SPC happens to offer the part and it is a direct replacement for the anchor bolts.
Since you state that the car is not going to be used for SCCA competition there are other things out there that can be used from both companies. The range of adjustment for best handling will probably be small if you have lowered the car to 5" (SCCA ride height). In fact, amny who roadrace will use almost no adjustment since the Camber will be at about -2.5 degrees up front. The rear will still require some sort of adjustment to have more negative Camber if that is what you want.

Others here will provide their insight.

------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'99 Prelude=a sweet song
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

Tom Blaney
01-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Chris:

I recommend the SPC front control arm bushings (but they don't last to long), and if you look at my website, http://www.sbmsinc.com/race_shop.html, (http://www.sbmsinc.com/race_shop.html) I have rear upper control arms busings that will give all the camber control and they are ITA legal.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Blaney (edited January 05, 2004).]