PDA

View Full Version : 88-91 CRX ITA questions

civic44
11-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Hello all,

I'm currently racing an 88 Civic in EMRA and in Quebec, but I recently picked up a 1991 CRX Si Special Edition (I'm in Canada, I don't know if a similar model exists in the US. The car will be getting a cage this spring and receiving my 1993 D16 vtec engine for now. I'm quite tempted to make the car into an ITA in the long term and want to make sure that none of the mods I do now will affect ITA eligibility in the long term. Obviously, I would put in the correct engine (transmission is already correct for the year) for ITA. So here are my questions:

Are all 88-91 CRX's on the same spec line in the ITCS? More specifically, can I run 1988 lower control arms on a 1991 car (so I can use my own shocks)?

Can I remove the carpet, seats, trim, headliner, door liners (and sell them!)?

Can I run 14x6 Compomotive wheels I have lying around, or must I run a specific size?

Can I run a tube frame seat, or must it be a shell type seat?

Does it matter what year car my engine comes from, or if it's from a Civic Si (exact same spec)?

What am I allowed to do with the sunroof. Can I just weld/rivet a pice of sheetmetal to cover the hole after having removed the whole assembly?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but that's it for now. I haven't ordered a GCR yet as I won't be running this car with the SCCA in 2004. I bought the car because it came with a B16a and Koni's which I wanted to buy anyways. However, I will have enough parts lying around to put together a fun track toy CRX. I just want to make sure I don't throw away anything useful or do anything irreversible that will ruin IT eligibility. Thanks all.

Tom Blaney
11-27-2003, 10:44 AM
There are a few good sources of information and parts available both on the web, and at the track.

Send me an e or take a look at my site http://www.sbmsinc.com/race_shop.html

Most of the legal front runners are usually willing to give you some help and information.

Good Luck & Happy Thanksgiving
Tom Blaney