PDA

View Full Version : heavy duty acura axles

four27
09-29-2003, 02:05 PM
does anyone know where I can find the company that makes the heavy duty race front axles for 94 GSR?

Thanks

Chris Sawatsky
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Try http://www.raxles.com/

most of the hybrid honda guys use them with success

spsspeed
09-29-2003, 05:11 PM
If you get the raxles or any other make sure you use OEM boots, usually it the boots fault and not anything to do with the axle.

I have tried numerous non-OEM CV Boots and they will last a race or two, some only lasted 1/2 hour.

Scott Seck
# 38 ITS GSR

philstireservice
09-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by four27:
does anyone know where I can find the company that makes the heavy duty race front axles for 94 GSR?

Thanks

i sell DSS (Drive Shaft Shop) Axles. I use them on my 94 GSR with great success..!!!

------------------
Phil Phillips
94 Acura Integra GSR #4
ITS/H3/ST1
www.philstireservice.com
www.imprintedorginals.
distributor for FireCharger AFFF fire systems
Hoosier Tire Dealer

Knestis
09-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Sorry - what makes them "heavy duty" but keeps them legal for IT?

Kirk

mmasters
10-01-2003, 10:41 AM
What problem are you trying to fix. We are running a 95 GSR as an ITS car and are not having problems with the standard aftermarket axles. We have dealt with axles coming out and axle seals, but no broke axles.

[This message has been edited by mmasters (edited October 01, 2003).]

four27
10-01-2003, 12:04 PM
No problems yet but I heard they can be a problem so I was just looking out for options but Kirks point is valid I dont think we can run anyuthing buy stock anyway so I will just stick with what I have.
For the record I finished second in points in Oregon division with my 94 integra and have it dialed in good enough to be able to make a race with the Z boys. there is hope!! I can tell you one thing and that is that Goodyear tires were worth a full second off my times.

Originally posted by mmasters:
What problem are you trying to fix. We are running a 95 GSR as an ITS car and are not having problems with the standard aftermarket axles. We have dealt with axles coming out and axle seals, but no broke axles.

[This message has been edited by mmasters (edited October 01, 2003).]

mmasters
10-02-2003, 10:50 AM
The thing to watch for is the hubs on the front. We had a problem where the wheel studs broke on a high speed corner and the tire came off. It turns out that the bearings had some wear and should be replace every 6-9 hours of hard track time. This has solved the problem for us.

Glad to hear you are doing well. We are running in the south east and compete well againts the RX-7's and working on the BMW 325's. We do have many Z cars that we see.

Gotta love racing in the rain, we kill them then.

------------------
#73 ITS Acura Integra GSR
SCCA ECR