PDA

View Full Version : New CRX ITA, need more top end

Louiep
06-19-2003, 10:08 AM
We just finished building a CRX for ITA and ran at Lime Rock last week. The car seems flat at the top end. Max rpm in 4th gear is around 5500. What ratio gears should I be running? The car revs to about 6800 in third then wont go over 5500 in fourth. It's my first car and seems to handle great but needs more top end. What should the fuel pressure be? Should the injectors be upgraded? I'm not sure where to start. Thanks, Louie

Tom Donnelly
06-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Louie,

Talk to Louis Boustani at LTB Motorsports.
Or give Tom Fowler at OPM a call. Sunbelt Performance could build you a killer motor, but its pricey.

Tom

Tom Blaney
06-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Louiep:
We just finished building a CRX for ITA and ran at Lime Rock last week. The car seems flat at the top end. Max rpm in 4th gear is around 5500. What ratio gears should I be running? The car revs to about 6800 in third then wont go over 5500 in fourth. It's my first car and seems to handle great but needs more top end. What should the fuel pressure be? Should the injectors be upgraded? I'm not sure where to start. Thanks, Louie

Louie:

Send me an e-mail, perhaps I can help
Tom Blaney
[email protected]

R RACER
06-19-2003, 08:33 PM
I saw your car @ the lrp test day, I noticed your car had a DX manifold, is it a dx or an si?, if its originally a dx then thats your problem. The si model has a much better fuel injection system and slightly bigger engine.Pretty car though hope you get it fixed.Email Tom Blaney , he will be nice enough to share some info on CRX's he has a very quick one. ITA 99

joeg
06-20-2003, 07:33 AM
Nitrous.

Knestis
06-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by R RACER:
...if its originally a dx then thats your problem. ...

If the car started life as a DX, that isn't the only problem. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Your Helpful Rules NERD

Louiep
06-20-2003, 07:14 PM
What are the advantages of a si over a dx?

R RACER
06-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Hey Louie email me @ [email protected] I live very close to Danbury.Anthony

------------------
Anthony Serra ITA 99

jasonb
06-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Louiep:
What are the advantages of a si over a dx?

I'm pretty sure its illegal to throw a d16a6 motor into a DX chassis for ITA. Doesnt make a ton of sense, but rules are rules.

[This message has been edited by jasonb (edited June 22, 2003).]

07-27-2003, 12:23 PM
put a SI VIN tag on it and be done with it, nobodys going to care, bodys are the same. geez... this isnt F1. My cars not a GSL, but its got a GSL rear end, diff tranny, Diff intake/carb, diff dash, hell the motor dont even match the year. and this is all legal in my car, I took all the best parts from six years of RX7's so havnt I in essence "Built a model". ARRC is the only place anyones going to give a s--t that it might not be a SI. GCR could be half as many pages if they threw out the B.S. rules that dont matter or apply any more.

[This message has been edited by 7'sRracing (edited July 27, 2003).]

airpiraterob
09-05-2003, 09:14 AM
was over on Dseries.org (its on ezboard) last night, someone jjust had the wheel-dyno charts posted for his car.

New Bisimoto header= on an old tired D16 with many many miles. gave 8 hp at the WHEELS at the top end and 3 #'s torque. this is over an already enlarged ported exhaust manifold. only problem is that its $600!!

link
http://pub161.ezboard.com/fbseriesalternat...picID=283.topic (http://pub161.ezboard.com/fbseriesalternativefrm7.showMessage?topicID=283.to pic)

JohnW
09-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Louiep

Don't forget about developing a good aero package.

Send me an e-mail, perhaps I can also help.

[email protected]