PDA

View Full Version : Rear sway bar options

Domino
08-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Has anyone adapted an Integra Type R rear sway bar to their CRX? It seems to me that the 22mm stock Type R bar would be quite a bit stiffer then the 22mm aftermarket bar available for the CRX. 1. The overall length of the aftermarket CRX bar is greater and stiffness is inversely related to the length. 2. The lever arm length (90 degree bend to end link) on the aftermarket CRX bar is much longer then on the Type R bar (the greater the arm length the more torque is applied thus reducing the rate of stiffness). Due to the fact that the Type R bar mounts to the control arm subframe mounts and the CRX bar mounts further back on "L" brackets.

The application of the Type R bar to '93+ Civics is a common practice. I would just like to know if anyone has any track experience with it. Thanks.

ITCCRX
08-22-2003, 07:14 PM
I know for sure that the Type R used the '88 CRX rear lower control arms. That is why people want the '88 CRX, plus it is much lighter and has 5 hp more that '89-91.

edp

EDP
08-22-2003, 07:16 PM
I know for sure that the Type R used the '88 CRX rear lower control arms. That is why people want the '88 CRX, plus it is much lighter and has 5 hp more that '89-91.

edp

Tyson
08-22-2003, 07:19 PM
well actually the 88 has 5 LESS hp, but that can be changed with a legal cam and ECU swap.

as for a type R swaybar, i guess its an option, but a 22mm rear bar isnt the only option for a crx either.

Domino
08-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Most people I have spoken with have said that a 22mm bar works quite well. So I figured that a 22mm Type R bar would be better because of it is built differently then the aftermarket CRX bar. Plus it is cheaper. I can get a Type R bar for $64.

Originally posted by Tyson:
well actually the 88 has 5 LESS hp, but that can be changed with a legal cam and ECU swap.

as for a type R swaybar, i guess its an option, but a 22mm rear bar isnt the only option for a crx either.