PDA

View Full Version : Dyno'd the CRX today

jasonb
06-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Well, I signed up for a group dyno day on saturday and had a chance to get 3 pulls in. The motor is a d16a6 with an ITA prepped head, stock bottom end with a gazillion miles and aftermarket intake, header and 2.5" exhaust. I think I could have found a little more power if I had a chance to do a few more pulls.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTIwOTkyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

[This message has been edited by jasonb (edited June 24, 2003).]

UltimateGSX
06-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Is that to the wheels? or to the CRANK? Seems to be at the wheels.

Originally posted by jasonb:
Well, I signed up for a group dyno day on saturday and had a chance to get 3 pulls in. The motor is a d16a6 with an ITA prepped head, stock bottom end with a gazillion miles and aftermarket intake, header and 2.5" exhaust. I think I could have found a little more power if I had a chance to do a few more pulls.

Here is a link to the dyno plot.

http://www.f20c.com/album67/adj

[This message has been edited by jasonb (edited June 16, 2003).]

jasonb
06-16-2003, 03:39 PM
It's to the wheels

UltimateGSX
06-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Damn thats alot of power to the wheels considering its 108 HP to teh crank which is 96 HP to the wheels stock. So you making 26HP more than stock ? Who made your head? Are you considering to freshen the block?

THANX

Originally posted by jasonb:
It's to the wheels

Knestis
06-16-2003, 04:51 PM
This is pretty much in line with what I have been told ITA CRXs should make - at the wheel. So far, no RX7 owner input on the topic... http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

K

jasonb
06-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by UltimateGSX:
Damn thats alot of power to the wheels considering its 108 HP to teh crank which is 96 HP to the wheels stock. So you making 26HP more than stock ? Who made your head? Are you considering to freshen the block?

THANX

I got the head from a friend who had it done by DPR racing for his ITA CRX. I dont plan on freshening the block right now. I have a spare one that I may have built, but for now this block is in rather good shape. Compression readings of between 195-205psi and leakdown between 3-6%.

lb2
06-16-2003, 07:07 PM
The HP is about what I used to get on my old CRX but you got more torque ( I had about 108 ) and that is a very good number.

Louis B.

jasonb
06-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by lb2:
The HP is about what I used to get on my old CRX but you got more torque ( I had about 108 ) and that is a very good number.

Louis B.

Im curious about the TQ I got as well. The most I had seen in dyno charts before was about 110wtq. Maybe its the 4-2-1 header I have? I was figuring I would have a lower TQ number than that because of the large 2.5" exhaust piping I'm using.

06-23-2003, 10:35 PM
aw hell, ill chime in, you guys should have to throw a 12a on the pass floor for ballast, that would even things out a bit.

Jim Susko
06-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Just a word to the wise on all the interest your post has sparked, Jason.

I don't know if Honda's can make that HP or not, and I am not inclined to jump in the fray. But I'd advise everyone not to take the numbers very seriously.

I've gone to probably four supposedly identical Dynojet chassis dynos over the past four years and every one has come up with dramatically different base horsepower numbers. I'm talking a range of 15-20 horsepower! My opinion is that a dyno is a great tool to help you increase horsepower, but when you start comparing numbers with someone else's dyno you are engaging in so much speculation that it is not even worth the effort. You might as well guess your horsepower as measure it. The only real number is one that is from the same dyno, on the same day, and that is better than the last pull.

Jim

------------------

jasonb
06-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Jim, thank you for the rely. I do agree with you that numbers can be very different, regardless of the fact that they may be the same dynojet chassis. However, I did not post this trying to compare numbers to anyone elses. I simply posted it for people interested in what "my" motor produced on this given day. I will be heading back to a different dynojet very soon, and I will again post results with the changes that I made.

ddewhurst
06-27-2003, 08:19 AM
****I will be heading back to >>>>a different dynojet<<<< very soon, and I will again post results with the changes that I made.****

jasonb, why would you do some stuff to your motor & then test your changed stuff on >>>>a different dynojet<<<<? This different dyonjet will now be your base numbers & are as you know not comparable in any way to your first numbers.

http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/confused.gif
David

jasonb
06-27-2003, 03:07 PM
How did I know someone would read too deep into what I said...I'm going to a different one because one just opened right near my house. The one I first went to was 45 mins away.

Allen Brown
07-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Jason,

I certainly understand the distance / time thing when towing the car over to the dyno. But in this case I would suggest going back to the first one. The condition of the dyno should be closer to the original than any other one.

However I am in the same boat. I am trying to decide to go back to the same dyno as I previously went to (w/o exhaust gas analyzer) or go to one of the couple new dynos in the city that also have exhaust gas analyzer capabilities.

ITANorm
07-07-2003, 05:39 PM
I'd go back to the old one for a baseline pull. Then take it to the new one for tuning - and interpolate the data.